Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Making Life Work – 35L - OOPS!


            Maybe you noticed I have not been blogging for a couple of weeks.  I was getting ready for a Workshop I was going to lead that morning here at Monte Vista Grove Homes.  I have been responsible for our Disaster and Emergency Preparedness on campus for many years.   We have four drills a year and anticipate and practice ways we can be prepared in case of an earthquake, fire, etc. 
I had some supplies in a box and was walking out on my patio to put the box out there for someone else to pick up and take to the place of our meeting.   We’ve divided the campus into 9 areas with a team of residents and staff to take care of utility problems and personal injury situations in each area.  There are about 70+ of us on these teams. 
            All of a sudden I found myself falling forward and landed on the box.  I tripped and as Richard would have said, “the fat was in the fire.”  I broke the box – which I think was my saving grace from hurting myself worse by falling straight to the ground.  I also broke my metatarsal on my left foot.  So a night in the hospital to make sure I didn’t fall because of a stroke, taking cat scans and x-rays and then going to an orthopedic surgeon to diagnose what treatment was needed.  He said it is not a break that warranted surgery or a cast.  He put me into one of those lovely big black heavy boots.  I was so thrilled I didn’t have to be in a cast I would have jumped for joy but thought I better not. 

            Needless to say I have been out of commission a bit emotionally and physically.   Thank goodness for the resource of faith, comfort, courage and hope, I am more than half way back.  I still hate the heavy boot but going to the doctor tomorrow to see what’s next.  Thank you to those who have known and been praying for me.  Believe me the presence of God’s Holy Spirit is faithfully walking beside me and sometimes holding me when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment