Friday, November 8, 2013

Choosing to Make Life Work - 17L -- WHAT’S IN THE FUTURE


            This was the “week that was.”   1st I bought two garden hoses for the price of one from a TV ad and they mixed up the order and sent me 4 hoses.  It took too much time trying to get a refund without more charges!
            2nd my iPhone 4S went kaput.  After 3 calls and 3 hours with the trouble shooter, they agreed to an upgrade!  Spent several hours making this happen.
            3rd my TV just stopped working.  What kind to buy, where shall I buy it, etc.  Thank goodness my grandson, Tyler, arranged for the purchase of a new one and the particulars of a setting it up.   Waiting and arranging for the installation, etc.  took time and energy!
            4th At the Apple Store buying the 5c iPhone upgrade, and planning to get home in time for the Geek Squad to install my TV, I go out to the car and my car battery is dead. 
            5th Someone very close to me went into the emergency and hospital two days ago with heart issues.
            Why am I telling you all this?   These are day to day situations, some worse than others, that we live through.  We never know what the future holds for us.  We make plans and risk our time, talent and treasure with the confidence everything will go as planned. 
During these last few days I knew I was on the edge of uncertainties.  I kept praying, “Lord, I know you are present with me.  Give me the wisdom and patience to let go of my frustrations and insecurities and trust you.”  I kept praying this prayer over and over again, and through it all I kept taking deep breaths, even shedding a few tears,  along with my aging transition awareness that I don’t have the energy that I use to have. 
The reality is I have to jump through all the hoops.  I’m not in control of any of these events.   I was holding on too tightly trying to fix it all NOW or better yet not have to go through it at all.
Then the thought occurred to me, “choosing to make life work” means I have the choice to “let go” and trust that the Spirit of God will enable me to take one step at a time and get through this.
What does the future hold for you and me?  

The gift of faith in the knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ.   The confidence of God’s presence with us in all circumstances.   Growing and accepting the spirit of gratitude for life and all its opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment