Sunday, October 6, 2013

Choosing to Make Life Work - 10L - VISIONS AND VISITATIONS


Talking about the presence of the Spirit, I have had several visions or visitations with Jesus in my life time.   I believe they came at times when I needed peace and comfort during some of my life struggles.  They were “Be still, and know that I am God” times.  I didn’t ask for them.  They came unannounced.  However, I knew I was open to them and needed assurance of God's presence at different times in my life.  Some say these are a only imaginations.   Regardless of what they were or suppose to be, they are real to me.

When I was 18, I suddenly awoke from my sleep.   I sat up in bed and was aware of Jesus’ presence.   I knew then that  “I wanted to make my life count for God” and made a commitment to serve God. 
When our son, Mark, was diagnosed with a severe scoliosis in junior high school, I was very aware of wrestling  with God.  I felt the physical contact urging God “to let this cup pass from me.” 
At Forest Home I was at the prayer chapel and as I stood outside, I looked up and the sky opened up with the presence of Jesus walking towards me.
At an evening meeting when Gladys Aylward, a missionary from China, was speaking, I sensed the presence of Jesus in the meeting room protecting me from being overwhelmed by an evil presence. 
While worshipping in the 1st Presbyterian Church in Modesto, I was sitting up in the balcony with the kids.  There was a stained glass window behind the pulpit in the sanctuary.   Jesus came from the window towards me assuring me of his presence. 
       At Westminster Woods, I looked up and saw a huge figure of Jesus in a white robe with his arms outstretched and the robe hanging from his arms.  I had the assurance that our ministry was protected and blessed.  
        These were wonderful gifts to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment