Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Camp- 4C - GIFT OF SERVICE

     In the five summers Richard worked at Forest Home, a feature that helped me in particular was our opportunity to have a baby sitter with us.  Our children ranged in years--Mark, from 6 to 11 years; Nancy, 3 to 5 years;  and Paul, infant to 5 years.  We usually took high schoolers from our youth groups as well as our nieces.  The sitter was a help to me when we took the children to the lake, playground, and meals, and at nap and evening time.  It freed me up to Dean the Children's Music Camp and attend different conferences.
     It was a gift for me to listen to the gifted men and women who spoke at the conferences.   One evening I went to hear Gladys Aylward.  She was home on furlough from her mission assignment.  During her speaking, I was surprised when I saw before me a vision of Christ.  He came towards me and I felt the loving arms of Jesus holding me.   I experienced a wonderful sense of peace and protection.  I learned a lot about my life especially as it related to God and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment