Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Funny thing happened on the way to Camp -- Called to the Mission Field

As a young wife and mother I had visions of being called to the mission field.  One year we lived in a cabin that had not been lived in for years.  There were dead mice in the walls and roaches all over the place.  I remember wrapping our eight month old son, Paul's, crib with netting so I could sleep at night with some assurance he wasn't going to be bitten by insects and "things".  There were rattle snakes up there as well.  One summer a young boy brought me a small rattle snake.  The snake's head had a  spring coiled around it.  There I was holding the snake and trying to free it from the coiled spring.  We managed to do it and the camper took the snake and put him back into the woods.  Mission field 101!

1 comment:

  1. Were these rattle snakes at Calvin Crest? Good thing I didn't know about that when I was there. The Tarantula spider next to my bed at WW one morning was bad enough. Jenny and I did spring cleaning in the coordinator's shack on the spot!

    ReplyDelete