Saturday, September 7, 2013

CHOOSING TO MAKE LIFE WORK -3L - In whatever State I am, to be Content

           To accept the challenge of being a "peaceful people" we have to begin with ourselves.  There is little hope if we are dealing with--"the grass is greener on the other side;"  "there is never enough money;" "my job is not important;" "kids are disrespectful;" "my parents don't understand me;" "the church doesn't meet my needs;" "America is going down hill;" "I am not well;" or "misuse of drugs, alcohol, sex, power, etc. is destroying people's lives."
            Can we with Paul, the Apostle, say "I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content?"  What are our options?  To bear with it all; adopt a style of survival of the fittest--or just survival for that matter; or can we begin to understand our Lord's call to take up our cross daily and follow him.  We can choose to "put on" the spirit of contentment whether things are going well or when we feel unappreciated or lonely.  Regardless of our circumstance.  We can practice what we say we believe, "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me." We are persons of worth.  God gave himself for us.  I don't think God would have done that if we didn't matter.  Paul encourages us in all circumstances  to be content.  We might even learn to experience Paul's word to us to "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice,"
           

No comments:

Post a Comment